Have You Seen Me?

Thursday, September 25, 2008

John Hicks Missing~Oakridge, OR.


John Hicks has been Missing since Sept. 7.
At age 47, John left with only his cell phone. It's what he didn't take with him that raises concern.
His trailer, possesions, and beloved dog, Bear, were left behind.

That's why everyone from the Oakridge Police Chief to Hicks' sister says something isn't right.
"That's how I knew," said Debra Brunken. "When I talked to the landlord and I said, the dog's gone? And he said, no he's here. And I said oh God, I'll be up as fast as I can come."
So Brunken came to Oakridge, where Hicks has lived for the past two years. The part time handyman has the mentality of a 12-year-old, according to Brunken. He's a creature of habit, who calls her every day. Read More:
Oakridge man missing for more than a week


UPDATE ~ and~ TIMELINE


Posted on:Sep 13, 2008 at 8:36 PM PDT
Channel: Local News
Location: oakridge, oregon
This afternoon our family filed a missing persons report on John, To our shock it is only agreeing to claim his body or indentify his remains if found. Nothing to do with finding him.
MORE ON MISSING MAN! (extra photos here)


Salem-News.com
Sep-20-2008 09:46
A missing persons report was filed with the Oakridge Police Department on Saturday September 13th. His family says that in his entire life, he has never disappeared for a long period of time nor would he ever leave his dog Bear.
Any information about John Hicks' whereabouts should be called in to the Oakridge Police Dept 1-541-782-4232 or Joshua 1-541-954-0856.
Help Find Oakridge Man Missing For Three Weeks


by HlpfindJohn
Subscribe)
Posted on: Sep 21, 2008 at 2:33 PM PDT
Channel: Local News
Location: Oakridge Oregon
John is known and loved in the Oakridge area by many. Has previously resided in Springfield and the Junction city area over his lifetime. As seen on KVAL News Sept 15th, 2008 his family and friends are very concerned. Missing Man Oakridge Oregon area Family

Authorities search for missing Ore. man
Sep 22, 2008 4:34 PM


Last Update: 9/22 2:08 pm
John Wesley Hicks, who also goes by "Pete" and "Pee-Wee," was last seen on Sept. 7. A report was filed with Oakridge police on Sept. 13.
Authorities search for missing Oakridge man


By Mark Baker
The Register-Guard
Published: September 25, 2008
John Wesley Hicks, who is also known as “Pee Wee” or “Pete,” dropped off his dog Bear at a friend’s home, as he did on most days, his nephew said. It was then a routine for him to walk through Osprey Park on his way to do general labor, landscaping or fence work for his landlord.
Hicks is 5-foot-8 with closely cropped blond hair and blue eyes. He has the mental capabilities of a 12- to 14-year-old, according to a press release.
Police seek help in finding missing man

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Johns siblings Debbie,Joe,Doug,Steve-need an ANGEL to guide us to Johns body to bring him home to join his mom and dad that we just lost 8 months ago.We are getting no help by the police or search and rescue.Johns sister has been in Oakridge doing her own investagating,All of the stories are the same..John got jumped beaten to death by unknowns and dumped,Not far from his own residence.I'ts a matter of time before one of them is going to slip up while drunk and doped up, and one of my ears will hear it.We will find our brother ourselves,,and sue the ass off Oakridge police and the state of Oregon..We're not ever going to give up.!! The HICKS family

mammabear said...

ANON,

You didn't leave any contact info.
There could be more effective search solutions for your family.
mammabear89@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

You can contact johns family@hbrunken@yahoo.com or 541-255-8969,Debbie, Johns only sister.
Or Steve,Brother 541-430-0893.

Anonymous said...

John's sister, Debbie
January 9th would have been John's B-day, he would have been 48, no one in Lane county Oregon ever helped us look for him. Rumors say he was beaten to death over dope and dumped, I dont understand how so many people can tell you the same story and the police cant find anything, they say he took off, but there is no evidence of that at all, He lived on a river and it was a couple of months before it was checked, to late.. I think..4 months he's been gone..

mammabear said...

Debbie,

Over the last few months, I've googled John's name a few times, to see if any new information comes up...but I never seem to find anything new.
:(

Have you tried contacting the reporter who originally covered John's disappearance? Perhaps they would be willing to write a small article...even a few lines and a picture helps keep John's name out in the public. I know it dosen't seem fair, but a lot of times it's up to family to keep their loved one's name out there.
~Prayers~ to you and the family...I know that holidays, birthdays, and other special occasions are a difficult reminder to the family of a loved one who's gone missing.

Unknown said...

If anyone still monitors this, please email me. I have sent an email to the hbrunken email with possible information.

Anonymous said...

Hi I am his niece, what's up 9

Unknown said...

You can contact me 2178236102 I'm his brother

Unknown said...

This is Johns sister...working on his appearance still, do you have any information useful to us??. debbiesiria@gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

Was his nephew last seen by him? Is his nephew who reported him missing?

Anonymous said...

Your nephew threatened to put me in the ground next to him… your nephew also said he caught his mom and uncle (John) having sex…apparently they had a daughter together and there was a custody battle going on between them? Your nephew lies a lot but the fact while in a fit of rage he threatened to lay me in the ground next to John, is very telling….

Anonymous said...

My nephews mother had sex and kids with 2 of my brothers , and married my ex husband! Josh is a big liar. Always has been. I’m
Aware of the custody John wanted. Why be anonymous if you’re trying to help here!? Josh isn’t even in Oregon hasn’t been for awhile now. What’s your point?!

Anonymous said...

No I filed the missing person report. No Josh was not the last person to see him. Dwight Chitwood saw him
Last what’s your point?
Must be a ex of Joshua?

Anonymous said...

Why am I posting anonymously? Uhh because as I clearly stated above my life has been threatened. Him being in jail in another state is the ONLY reason I feel comfortable coming forward now. Why are you being defensive instead of listening to what I’m trying to tell you? The real question you should be asking yourself is WHY would he make such a threat and HOW did he know John was buried in the ground!?! Don’t worry, I’ve reached out to Oakridge police

Anonymous said...

Don’t you dare come at me with attitude for doing the right thing. I have absolutely nothing to gain from making the statement that I did above, in fact it puts me in danger if he ever reads this when he gets out.

Anonymous said...

I have in fact reached out to you before Debbie and tried to tell you but was met with anger and attitude, just like right now. I don’t care if you don’t like me. I don’t care if you don’t believe me. Bottom line is John is my kids’ great uncle and I will speak my truth because I too want justice for him, regardless of who it may be that is responsible for his disappearance.

J Few said...

This is a great post thaanks