Have You Seen Me?

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Brainwashed by My Parents (Dr. Phil)

Friday - October 3, 2008 on Dr. Phil
"Brainwashed by My Parents"
It’s being called the ultimate form of child abuse -- brainwashing your children against an ex-spouse to win custody. Could you be harming your child emotionally and not even know it? First up, Ken is a successful surgeon who says he’s the victim of parental alienation syndrome (PAS). He says he hasn’t seen his 14-year-old son since last October and claims his ex-wife destroyed what was once a loving father-son relationship. Mel Feit, director of the National Center for Men, says Ken’s situation is a classic case of kids being turned against their father, but family law attorney Liz Kates says PAS is a phony tactic used by some men to get out of paying child support. What does Dr. Phil think? Then, Karen lost custody of her children after she was accused of parental alienation syndrome by her ex-husband. Karen maintains her innocence, so why were her parental rights terminated when her daughters accused her ex of sexual abuse? Plus, 19-year-old Demi joins the show via Web cam and says her father verbally abused her mother during their divorce. Now, she fears that her 15-year-old sister is caught in the middle. Find out what you can do if you’re caught between sparring parents. And, meet a father so desperate to see his young children, he kidnapped them from his ex-wife and went on the lam for two years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for publicizing this event. PAS is real and this will be a very informative show I hope. I know Glen Schulz, the final perosn on the show. He has a book out at www.unlawfulflight.com. He is my friend. I am a victim of PAS and have quite the story to tell as well. If anyone wants to hear it contact me at planetaryg@yahoo.com
Robert Gartner
Houston, Texas

mammabear said...

Thank you for stopping by, and sharing your thoughs, Anon.
I am quite interested in how Dr. Phil's show will handle this controversial topic. I have been ghosting around many different sites regarding PAS. I've read many opinions on the subject ... Some positive and some negative. I've formed a few opinions of my own, and once I start sharing my personal thoughts on the subject, I have the feeling that I will probably make a few enemies from both sides of the PAS fence.
(But then who knows ... I just might make a few friends as well ;)