Have You Seen Me?

Thursday, October 2, 2008

A touch of ~Myspace Magic~

Yeah I know, 'Myspace Magic' does not sound like a post on missing children or missing persons, and there's a reason behind that.
It's not.
Something unexpected happened the other week.
I recieved one of those infamous friend requests from someone on Myspace.
Nooo, that's not the unexpected part!
I admit, I am behind on the 1,000 friends or bust contest,
but still ... thats not what changed todays course.
Anyway, I usually prefer to do a bit of investigating before I hit the 'accept' button, so I bounced on over to the invitee's profile, to check out what their page represents. What I saw on that profile not only surprised me,

Cancer awareness bracelet

It's why I'm writing what I am right now.
Ok ... big deal, right? A few colorful 'Show Your Support Ribbons' that represent the various types of cancer. And, perhaps that is true ...
UNTIL I saw some of the faces and read some of the stories that these ribbons represent.
And thats just what happened next!

Logan's Page

"ALL I ASK IS FOR YOUR PRAYERS FOR MY GRANDSON LOGAN, LOOK HOW FAR YOUR PRAYERS HAVE BROUGHT HIM ALREADY."
Thursday, August 21, 2008
You have to watch this Logan is proof that god answers prayers, He is a true mircle, a gift from god. The doctors at one point gave up on him but thanks to all the prayers from his family and his myspace friends just look at him now, he is such a little fighter. He gets stronger and better everyday. We're so proud of him.




Brookelynn's(Brookie)Myspace Page
HELP CHILIS SUPPORT
ST. JUDES CHILDREN HOSPITAL

Brookelynn is a St. Jude's patient, although she is currently home right now.
She was at St. Jude's for 7 months for the intense chemotherpy and radiation. Brookelynn is
fighting against a rare brain cancer called Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor or ATRT for short.
Once she got home in April, Brookelynn went on 6 months of a low dose chemotherpy.
She does go back to St. Judes every 2 months for MRI scans and LP screens to check
her spinal fluid for cancer cells.

Donations can be made to
TO ST. JUDE'S CHILDRENS HOSPITAL
IN THE NAME OF BROOKELYNN HUNT
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
HERE IS A LINK TO DO IT ONLINE
ST. JUDE'S CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL

Join Chili's

in the fight against childhood cancer.
Create a Pepper.
The family greatly appreciates everything that this community contines to do for Brookelyn.


James and Daddy Myspace Page

Why the one million friends challenge I get asked the questions,
Why 1 million friends? What will it achieve? on a regular basis so i
thought i would try to explain. James and I used to come onto myspace to
listen to music and look at the videos just before he was diagnosed and added
a few friends. When James was diagnosed and we came to terms with the fact that
his cancer and its treatment was going to take over our lives we needed a distraction and the "James and Daddy" page was born.



Oct 2, 2008 3:22 AM
James and Daddy say Thank you

We have passed the 250,000 friends mark. We are a quarter of the way to the million. This page started out as a quest for a dad to keep a promise to his son but has grown to become so much more than that. It has become a global community of friendship, love and believe with a little boy at its very centre.

As a dad I thank every single one of you for bringing the world to James doorstep and teaching him that the world is a wonderful place. We have received so much support and love and friendship and it has helped us grow stronger as a family.

So this is to say thank you and we will keep the momentum going and we hope to bring you more episodes in James future and share him with the world.
THANKYOU SO MUCH


Elijah & Isaiah's Myspace Page

this site started out as my personal page and now has become more like an outreach for me and others families.
my goal now is to spread awareness to those who have sick kids or to someone who may have the cancer elijah did. his was a very rare form called plueropulmonary blastoma.
he had 1/3 of his upper right lung removed and recieved 36 weeks of chemotherapy.
i am truly blessed that God has healed them both of their lung problems. we still fight to keep them healthy but you have that for even the healthy kids anyway. i cannot complain.
elijah has been cancer free for a year and isaiah we just have to watch him closely when he gets a cold cause he prone to respiratory failure and bronchitis.
they were both born 6 weeks premature.




Bulletin Message
From: ~Christina Marie~
Date: Oct 1, 2008 4:54 AM
please visit elijah's site and sign his guestbook

As you all know my son, Elijah had the lung cancer, pleuropulmonary blastoma.
I made a caringbridge site for him to tell his story... Please visit his site and sign our guestbook...
Elija's Caringbridge Page
Please sign his guestbook and view his pictures. We are trying to spread awareness as to the type of lung cancer he has...
thank you
christina bland



I don't have a big head over this and I don't think of myself as being above anyone else.
I have been doing this for several years and I just love to entertain. I feel at home on stage where you can do things you can never do in a recording studio.
If I can touch someone and make them smile, forget their problems if only for a little while, then I have done well.

Hold On To Your Faith
by Steven Davis Jr.
I wrote this song about real life, not the usual fairy tale where everything is a Dream.
I have seen all of this tragedy on mysapce, the television and all around me for years.
I was just inspired to write a song about real life and the Faith that one must have to
keep going. This is real life and we must help one another get though the next day,
not turn our heads and we must keep our Faith that We will walk with Jesus everyday of
our lives. I wrote the lyrics in sorrow but I Pray for some comfort to those that have
this tragedy in their life. God Bless You All.
Steven Jr.'s Myspace Page

If you are a member of the Myspace community, I encourage you to visit some of these profiles. I am sure you understand why some of them are not public, but it only takes a minute to use that cute little 'add as friend' button. As you have read, James has quite a few friends already, but needs many more to meet his 'million friend challenge'...so add him, please!
Also, if you really want to know more, take time to visit some of the various care pages. These children and their smiles have a way of reaching out and touching your heart!




*I would like to take a minute to thank the families of Brookelynn, James, Elija, and Logan for allowing me into Their Space & for taking the time to answer some of my questions, when I know you probably have a thousand unanswered ones of your own. I appreciate the willingness to invite me into the different carepages. I admire each of you for the ability to share of yourself, I can't imagine that it's always easy to do.

Also, thank you Steven, For taking time to answer my email. I know you have a hectic schedule.
I notice that you visit your buddies, and leave them small notes. Awesome! Thank you for using your talent for the benefit of children.
Your Space is tenanted by best buddies, abuse awareness, missing children, and predator awareness ... highly unusual for a Music Profile!
If I ever took the time to 'categorize' my friends list, I believe I'd have to add every one of you in a category I'd call 'People of Subtle Greatness.'

Prayers,
mammabear

No comments: